Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Spring

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while, but there have been a few problems lately.  One of those is the fact that over the first weekend of April, I had a series of pretty severe migraine headaches along with some changes in my vision. 

When I saw the oncologist, she was concerned enough to send me to see an opthomologist, to have a cat scan of my head and to see a neurologist. 

The CT scan of my head was normal, or as normal as MY brain could be, the opthomologist said the changes in vision were probably just the aura of my headaches and the neurologist said the increased frequency of the headaches were probably from the sudden decrease in estrogen and progesterone levels in my body due to the chemically induced menopause that the chemo has put in.  So, with all of that said, I got a 3 week break from chemotherapy and was actually giving my body a chance to rest and heal for most of the month.

I restarted chemo on the first Monday of May and have done very well with it.  I have enough energy to go dancing and hang out with my friends a little more and am doing well with work.

I still am pretty tired when I get home and I usually just veg out!

I know a lot of you have been asking how I am.  I am doing very well.  I am missing spending time with all of you.  We definately need to get together sometime soon!

Love to all and REMEMBER TO FEEL YOUR BOOBIES!!!!!

Denys

No comments:

Post a Comment