Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One Year Later

Wow, what a year this has been!  It's been about a year since I found that damn lump!!!!! 

All of you that read this know that my Mom has been my rock for this past year.  She's seen me at my best and at my worst in this journey.  From the fear of having 7 major surgeries in one 6 hour session to chemo and losing my hair and through radiation therapy, she's seen me through it all.  She's cried with me and laughed with me, watched over me like she did when I was a child.  Thanks Mom!

This is not a year I want to live over again...... but I'm glad I lived through it.
 I've been taught humility.
  I've been taught patience.
 I've been taught unconditional love.
 I've learned to be the patient and let the nurses and technicians do what they need to do  (something I needed to learn, lol!).
  I've also learned to ask for help when I need it and to accept help when I didn't think I needed it.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and prayers.  Without them, I don't know how I would have done. 

I have been on a "break" from radiation because of radiation burns under my arm and on my right breast, but they are almost healed and will resume therapy on Thursday afternoon and will finish the 2 this week and 5 next week and I'll be DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I will continue to follow up with all my physicians and have my mammograms as Dr. Dupont deems necessary.

Remember all:  FEEL YOUR BOOBIES!!!!! Get your mammograms and annual checkups.  The life you save may be your own.

Love and Hugs,
Denys

No comments:

Post a Comment