Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas

Well, here it is, just a few days before we celebrate the birth of our saviour, Jesus Christ.  I have asked for a couple of material things from my parents, but I received the best gift I never wanted.  That was to be surgically free from cancer!

I am soooo thankful for the physicians, nurses, radiology techs, and office staff of all those who have taken such a large part of my care.

Last Thursday, Mom and I went to "chemo class".  This was to let me and her know what to expect during chemotherapy.  With the development of medications, nausea and vomiting should be diminished greatly.at
The medication combination that is most often used and probably will be used on me is called adriamycin and cytoxin.  Unfortunately, the downside to this combo is that I will most likely lose my hair.  I decided that if I did need chemo, I was going to have a head shaving party!  We have parties for all sorts of things, why not have one if you're going to lose your hair, right?

I've been asked if I was going to wear a wig.  And I don't have an answer for that.  There are lots of scarves, kerchiefs and the like, I'll probably go with something like that.

I would like to give a loud shout out to Bonnie.  Girl, you make me smile when I think of all the "pixie dust" you left in my house when you and Bridgette visited!  I have reminders of your visit everytime I walk in the kitchen in my socks!

Mom, Kenneth, Dad and Pam, you 4 are my rock.  Thanks will never be enough to repay everything you have done for me.

Finally, for all those that actually read this, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year.

  DON'T FORGET TO FEEL YOUR BOOBIES AND GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS.

Merry Christmas,
Denys

No comments:

Post a Comment