Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Round 4 is DONE!!!!

Good afternoon all.  I had the 4th and final round of the 2 drug regimen on Monday!  Round 4 down, 12 rounds to go.  I have had to go back to the cancer center for IV fluids today (Wednesday) and will go back tomorrow for more fluids to help combat the side effects of the "red devil".

I know I told everyone about the Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser that happened this past weekend.  If you missed it, you missed a great time!  Over $6oo was raised to be split between us!  Thank you to all of our classmates and friends and friends of friends!  The outpouring of love was amazing!  Tracie and I were both presented with a blanket made by another classmate that just was over the top.  Mine goes nicely on the couch and the lounge chair in my house!  Thanks April!

I get to start the single drug regimen on March 7th and will continue with that for 12 weeks.  Hopefully, things will go smoothly and I won't have any breaks in treatment! 

Please keep me in your prayers and remember to do your breast exams, you never know. You could save your own life!

Love to all
Denys

1 comment:

  1. We're still praying hard down in Bartow, Denys! Keep up the good fight, and know you have an army of friends cheering you on! I'm glad the red devil is just about behind you - that stuff really kicked my sister's butt - and you're hanging strong! Love you so much :)
    Suzie (and the rest of the Smith clan)

    ReplyDelete