Monday, February 7, 2011

Round 3

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's been a little over 2 months since I had my surgery.  I seem to be healing well, but I still get tired doing what I think should be easy chores, like sweeping off the back porch or the kitchen or vacuuming the house.  I am doing my lymphedema drainage daily and performing a few exercises to help keep the swelling in my right arm down as well as a few exercises to help regain some strength in my upper body after surgery.

I feel like I have cabin fever!  It's been 2 months and I don't get out of the house much.  My big events are doctor appointments and going to the grocery store or WalMart.  I never thought the highlight of my week would be going to the zoo known as "Wally World", lol.

On another note, I have managed to talk some really good friends into scheduling their mammograms and annual "girlie" visits.  It seems that I have also been able to increase awarness of self breast exams!  I hope everyone that is keeping up with me is doing this very easy test, only YOU know what is normal for you.

It's time for me to fly to the Cancer Center for this round!

Remember to schedule your PAP smears and mammograms and FEEL YOUR BOOBIES!!!!!

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Denys,
    I put your blog on FB cause I think you can help a lot of women with your attitude you have of kicking a$$ to this cancer you had!!!! If there is anything I can do just call. I know you have a great support group and family, but remember you have friends too!!!
    Hugsssssssssssssss
    Janice

    ReplyDelete